Find the boundaries of my property

Depending when your property was first subdivided, the legal boundary pegs may be difficult to find or missing. Even if it’s a newer subdivision, the pegs may have been destroyed during earthworks or building. Existing fences and walls may not necessarily be on the legal boundary. It could be risky to rely on these. If you have any doubts, a redefinition survey to locate the true boundaries of your property is what you need.

People normally want to know where their boundary is for the purposes of erecting a fence, building and alterations, selling the property or to resolve a dispute with a neighbour. We can visit your site and either locate and verify the original pegs or, if they are not there, place new ones.

  • We organise a site visit, overseen by an experienced Licensed Cadastral Surveyor, to accurately relocate your boundaries.
  • We can confirm the correctness of existing boundary marks.
  • Replace boundary pegs that have been disturbed or removed.
  • Place additional markers to better delineate a boundary.
  • Prepare legal survey data to document the location of the boundaries of your land, as required. 

Topographical plans

Has your architect asked for a Topographical or Contour Plan? This is the information architects and engineers need to accurately design your new house, garage or alterations. A ‘Topo’ accurately maps all relevant features on your property, including Council drains, utilities and existing ground levels. The information is shown in relation to the legal property boundary and forms the basis of design plans.

  • We can arrange a site visit by an experienced survey technician to survey existing ground features, including existing buildings, vegetation, services and drainage.
  • Our drafting technician creates a topographical map with contour lines.
  • We supply this information digitally for ease, speed and accuracy. The format is compatible with software used by architects and engineers.

Setting out a new house on your section

The builders are booked and need to know where to site your new house on your section.

For your builder to be able to correctly follow design plans, you need a set out survey. This survey places accurate markers in the ground so that your new house, extension, renovation or multi-level building is constructed as and where intended.

  • Our surveyor calculates the position of the new building and infrastructure as per the design.
  • We make a site visit to accurately set out the required points and levels.
  • We can also provide offset markers and on site datums.
  • We can provide a Siting Certificate from a registered professional surveyor. This is often a requirement of your Building Consent.

Land restoration projects

We are well-versed in rural subdivision in return for native bush or wetland protection. We regularly engage ecological planners who can assess your land for planning and consent purposes, as well as assist you with design for wetland restoration, bush enhancement or revegetation.

Professional ecologists are experienced in land restoration principles, understand our local environment, and can advise on effective and affordable planting solutions along with costings and timeframes.

Property titles

Certificates of Title are the starting point for investigating the potential of your property. We have full access to all property information including plans, titles and instruments (easements, covenants, consent notices, etc) via Landonline. Most of this information is held online with Land Information New Zealand meaning we can get you what you require relatively quickly.

There is a small charge for obtaining these documents. If you require any of these documents for your property give us a call.

Resource consent applications

Every development or subdivision requires a Subdivision Resource Consent. Some require a Land Use Consent as well. The process of applying to the local authority for consent is pivotal to the success of your project and all Councils have slightly different requirements when it comes to the information they require.

The five types of Resource Consents are:

  • Land Use Consents
  • Subdivision Consents
  • Coastal Permits
  • Water Permits
  • Discharge Permits (for discharges into air, water or land).

It is important to note that a resource consent and a building consent are not the same thing. They are for different activities and are dealt with under separate Acts and separate Council departments.

We can advise on the type of Consent required and give an indication on the likelihood of success based on past experience. A Council Deposit is required to cover their initial time processing the application and we can provide a schedule of costs.

If your Resource Consent application is for a subdivision you can find out more here.